Get outside of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in the cultures of Nepal, India, and Thailand. Small teams aged 18 to 25 travel with two experienced leaders for a 13 week experiential learning semester in Asia.
Youth International programs combine volunteer service with outdoor expeditions, home stays, and cultural exchange. About a third of your time will involve volunteer work, including these service projects planned for this year: renovating a school in a Nepalese village, and teaching English to children in a village in India.
Dates for the upcoming fall 2019 program in Asia are: September 16 to December 15. A complete daily itinerary is available on the Youth International website.
- Challenge yourself with a 9-day trek in the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering.
- Visit Bangkok, Delhi, and cultural wonders including the Taj Mahal.
- Explore Asian religions and philosophies, including a mediation retreat led by Tibetan Buddhist monks.
- Learn about new cultures, foods, and languages by living in home stays.
Youth International presents a unique opportunity for personal growth. Participants are asked to embrace the uncertainty of stepping outside of their physical, psychological, and emotional comfort zone. Over the course of 3 months, YI teams encounter a wide array of new and challenging cultural situations, forcing them to re-evaluate what is right, wrong, or normal, and who they are in relation to these norms.