GVI offers a carefully selected range of projects in different locations around the world for youth development. Each program has a strict Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, to ensure that the children and organisations involved are supported in an ethical way.
Whether you are assisting in education initiatives, social development, or skill-related development, your contributions are all a part of short, mid, and long-term goals to reach the sustainable objectives of each project. Improve your own interpersonal and professional skills while also experiencing the culture and landscape, and trying traditional food of the country you are in. This is a volunteer opportunity with ethical best practices in place.
- South Africa: This volunteer project involves teaching children basic literacy and numeracy at township schools. Volunteers will assist teachers in the understaffed township school in Nomzamo. As many of the teachers are not fluent English speakers themselves the volunteers will be invaluable help in these overcrowded schools.
- Nepal: Nepal's beautiful city of Pokhara offers you the chance to volunteer alongside an international team in a care center or children's home, providing educational and personal development support to children.
- India: Volunteers will work with and teach underprivileged children. This program is based in the Indian state of Kerala, known as "God's Own Country."
- Fiji: Volunteers joining this project will assist teachers in island communities in the Yasawa Island chain in Fiji. Volunteers will work alongside local teachers working with students typically aged between 4 and 7 years old in one or more of the 27 island communities.
- Mexico: Volunteer at a children's center run by Save the Children. Provide a safe environment for the children to learn and play and empower them to know and apply their rights. Explore Mexico’s picturesque Caribbean coastline in your free time.
- Volunteer ethically to support children in different phases of development.
- Travel around the country in your free time, experience a different way of life, and meet people from around the world.
- Learn about and contribute directly to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Develop skills to enhance your CV and improve your future job opportunities.
- Start to learn a new language while being surrounded by the local community.