Explore solutions to critical global issues in communities throughout Latin America in this 13-week program.
Our gap year programs are exciting, supportive, and transformational. By combining language classes, extended home stays, working with inspiring local leaders, and engaging readings and discussions, we've created an opportunity for you to learn about things that matter to you and the world. With Master's level teachers as Program Leaders, you'll get mentorship and support to find the purpose and direction you'll need in the years to come.
Itinerary – 13 weeks:
Orientation in Costa Rica – 1 week
Unit 1: Costa Rica: Education that Empowers – 5 weeks
Enrichment: Peru: Machu Picchu and Cusco – 1 week
Unit 2: Guatemala: Food & Sustainability – 5 weeks
Culmination in Washington, D.C. – 1 week
- Living with Host Families
- Fieldwork with Local Experts
- Combine field work experiences, fascinating readings, and daily seminars to make learning meaningful
- Daily Spanish Language Classes & Immersion
- Guided Volcano Trek in Nicaragua